Borgo di Caserta Vecchia
Casertavecchia is Medieval village that lies on the slopes of Tifatini Mounts. Since 1960 it is among Italian National Monuments. The village has suffered throughout history various rulers: originally belonged to Lombards, as a result of Saracen invasions includes the population of surrounding towns and become a considerable town, resulting in the transfer of bishopric in the village. In 1062 began Norman rule that brought the country to its maximum splendor, with the construction of St. Michael the Archangel's Cathedral. With the advent of Bourbons and the construction of Palace, Caserta becomes new center of all activities and the village was depopulated, while remaining the destination of great interest.