Archivio di Stato di Caserta
The State Archives of Caserta is "born" with the current name due to the DPR September 30, 1963: regained, thus, their individuality Institute working as a "Provincial Archives of Terra di Lavoro" since 1818 and that, during the Fascist era, with the temporary suppression of the province, had been downgraded to a "section" of 'State Archive of Naples, remaining so even when the province was reconstituted in 1945 from 2002 was sent to the seat of the Chamber of vanvitelliano Reggia di Caserta, whose works of static consolidation and functional adaptation are being advanced. While waiting for the Archive is located in a private building. The papers casertano covers a time span of nine centuries, from the twelfth to the twentieth, for a total of 115 436 archival units. The oldest document is a single parchment Aversa, dated 1143, while the complex organic documentaries are the most ancient notary, dating back to the fifteenth century. The Archives of the Royal Palace are stored first noticed in Caserta, starting from 1426; at the headquarters in Via dei Bersaglieri are the notarial protocols of the province from 1465 to 1897 In this office is also retained the diplomatic compound of nearly five hundred scrolls, including some with musical notation. Of particular importance are the legal funds, from the local court of Piedimonte, dating from the eighteenth century. Note especially the records of the proceedings of the Military Commission of the French court of war that was installed in Capua to combat banditry, and which contain the minutes of the interrogation of the members of the band Fra 'Diavolo. The Archive of Caserta then preserves the documentation from the Tribunale di Santa Maria Capua Vetere, in which also worked the Grand Criminal Court, established to suppress brigandage in the southern provinces after the Unification of Italy. The documentary series most important are: Public Works, Agriculture, Industry and Commerce, Alta Police, Worship, Council of Intendenza, Public Education, Woods and Forests, Proceedings of state-owned, municipal affairs, United discussed. In the Archives of Caserta is preserved archive of the provincial administration (1861-1927), than in the other State Archives is missing, since the documents of a non-state entity, which usually should keep with him his own acts . The State Archives of Caserta is distinguished by the large iconographic comprising a large number (about twenty) plant maps, drawings, which can be found in almost all the archive. Particularly rich in this respect are the Commissariat for the liquidation of civic uses, which are preserved in three ancient plants painted boundaries between Caserta and Maddaloni, dating back to 1638, the series of the fund Contracts Prefecture, the series Appraisals of the Court, the offices of the direct taxes, with the cadastral maps of most of the province, and especially the civil engineer. Even at the Royal Palace are kept about four hundred plants and drawings (some watercolor), many of which are attached to two beautiful Platee compiled by Sancho in 1825, which respectively illustrate the state of Caserta and the San Leucio.