St. Martin's Abbey al Cimino is situated in the hamlet of the same name and dates back to the thirteenth century, thanks to the Cistercian monks of the Abbey of Pontigny. The Abbey has a cloister with chapter house, refectory, library, infirmary, a bakery and other laboratories. In 1379 it was about to be abandoned because of the lack of vocations. In 1564 the last monks left the Abbey, which was closed and its assets became part of the patrimony of the Holy See. A century later, when the Pamphili family came to power with Pope Innocent X, the St. Martin's Church found a new life: completely restored, was enriched with two towers as buttresses, and a large building on the ruins of the monastic structures surrounded by perimeter walls designed by architect Marcantonio de Rossi. The old Abbey that remains is some element: the apse and transept, a modest portion of the cloister and some limb of the chapter house and the scriptorium.