Spada Palace, built in 1555 by the Earl of Collescipoli, Michelangelo Spada, was designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger and is home of the City of Terni. The building consists of two floors with large windows alternated with mezzanines, a high portal and a decorated cornice. The interior is richly decorated with frescoes. The main floor is enhanced by the so-called Hall of Phaeton, painted in 1575 by the Flemish Mannerist Karel van Mander (1548-1606) with scenes of the "Night of Saint Bartholomew" and the "Battle of Lepanto". The decoration of the nearby salons is assigned, however, to the pupil of Giorgio Vasari, Sebastiano Flori. The Palace was property of Spada family until 1799, later went to Massarucci family and the Sisters of the Child Jesus, who in 1957 sold it to the City.