Castle

Castello cinquecentesco

Via Luciano Manara, 5, Santa Margherita Ligure, (Genova)

The St. Marguerite's Castle, in the Tigullio, is placed at the foot of the hill on which stands the famous Durazzo-Centurione Villa. Its construction dates back to 1550, when the Genoa Republic decided to build a castle to defend against Saracen raids. The design is by Antonio de Cárabo. Undergone several structural and upgrades, from the eighteenth century lost its military importance. In the nineteenth century it risked being demolished. At the end of the First World War it was restored and entitled to the fallen.

Potrebbero interessarti