Castello di Rapallo
Castle symbol for exception of the city, is on the waterfront of Gulf of Rapallo, on Vittorio Veneto promenade. Works for its construction, sometimes interrupted by spontaneous strikes of workers, were concluded under Podesta Benedetto Fieschi Raggio in 1551. Inside there is also a small chapel dedicated to St. Gaetano, built in 1688, with characteristic dome with bell clearly visible on the outside. In its history, Castle was home to important state bodies until the last century, when it was declared "National Monument" and transferred to the City. A local tradition, included among the most celebrated events during patronal feast in honor of Our Lady of Montallegro, in the first three days of July, sees Castle protagonist of a curious fireworks.