Museo civico di Sanremo
The Civic Museum, initially Archaeological Museum, housed on the second floor of Palazzo Borea d'Olmo. The exhibition is divided into three sections: "Archaeology", "Art" and "History". The archaeological section was established in 1972 and includes permanent educational exhibition "Man and the origin of civilization in Liguria": collection of finds from the Palaeolithic and the Bronze Age, until the Roman period. The art section is a real art gallery and houses a valuable collection of paintings and sculptures from bequests and acquisitions, including the collection donated by the poet Renzo Laurano (Luigi Asquasciati, 1909-1986). Recently formed, a room devoted to the artists of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries (from Edward Lear to Antonio Discovolo and Antonio Rubino). Complete the exhibition a series of sculptures of the early '900 and a room dedicated to contemporary art. The historical section is housed in the "Room of Plasters", and includes testimonies of the town's history and an important collection of Garibaldi relics.