Historical building

Villa Ormond

C.so Cavallotti, 113, Sanremo, (Imperia)

Villa Ormond, situated in the east of Sanremo, is an elegant building with garden of rare and exotic plants belonged to the Ormond family. Originally known as "Villa Rambaldi", the building was purchased by the wealthy Swiss businessman in the nineteenth century. Entirely rebuilt after the earthquake of 1887, the Villa was designed by architect Emile Reverdin: Classic plant, extends in length on a large square, with only one floor. The building is surrounded by a large terrace with loggias vaguely Renaissance and a porch at the entrance. Inside it can still see the large polychrome coffered ceilings and a fireplace lounge from the Castle of Dolceacqua. Its magnificent park was made public with the acquisition of the City, in 1930, and enriched with the monumental fountain by Agosti and some statues. More recently, in the interior have been recreated a "Zen Garden" and a "Palmetum". A wing of the Villa now houses the International Institute of Humanitarian Law, while the rest is often home to flower shows and events.

Potrebbero interessarti