Historical building

Casinò Municipale

Corso Imperatrice, 17, Sanremo, (Imperia)

The Municipal Casino is an Art Nouveau building designed by French architect Eugène Ferret. Opened in 1905 and operated initially by the Ferret, it worked as a theater (kursal) for parties, receptions, performances and concerts. Inside was practiced even gambling with croupier of Belgian origin. In 1927 it was proclaimed, by Royal Decree, the official birth of the Casino, which opened the following year. The premises were expanded with the addition of two new wings; interior Salon was set up in '500 style and joined the two domes at the sides of the facade. The activity of the Casino was only interrupted during the Second World War, but resumed in 1945, adding to the game also events and social evenings. In 1951, in the "Ballroom" hosted the first edition of the Italian Song Festival of Sanremo (until 1976). Today, the Casino is also theater, hosts concerts, art exhibitions and has a restaurant and café.

Potrebbero interessarti