Religious building

Chiesa di Santo Marco

Via XX Settembre, 47, San Marco Argentano, (Cosenza)

Legend has it during the early 18th century this temple dedicated to the patron saint was erected on the site of the meeting between the Evangelist and the Argentanesi martyrs. Constructed on the ruins of the ancient church of the Epiphany, this small building with its characteristic octagonal shape, was commissioned by Bishop Matteo Gennaro Sibilia. St. Mark's Gate was located on the road in front of the church until it was destroyed in 1862. It featured an arch with the coat of arms of the Marquis Spinelli over it.

 

http://www.leviedelduca.it/

http://www.comune.sanmarcoargentano.cs.it/

Potrebbero interessarti