Luogo - Museum

Museo della Liquirizia Giorgio Amarelli

Where SS 106 - Contrada Amarelli, Rossano (Cosenza)

The Museum was founded in 2001 to tell the story of liquorice and Amarelli family, whose business early in 1731. It is housed in a century old building and documents with archival materials (engravings, documents, period photographs) the birth of the company: from the origins family, we land at the history of liquorice, the earliest forms of production in "blocks of the area", the current form that combines tradition and innovation, through bales of root, to hand tools, forms of porcelain and molds bronze, until the early experimental machines. Environments reproduce the shops of the past, evoking the costumes and country life in the high Ionian Calabria of a century ago.

Immagine descrittiva - c
Risparmia sul tuo hotel -

Potrebbero interessarti