Luogo - Religious building
Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Servi
Where Piazzetta dei Servi, 1, Rimini
The name is due to Servants of Mary, who built the church in the fourteenth century. The building, originally a single nave, is situated at the end of Corso d'Augusto, not far from Tiberius Bridge, in homonymous Piazzetta dei Servi. Between 1774 and 1777 Church was completely transformed by Bolognese architect Gaetano Stegani. Next to the Church of Servants also it stands former Church of Santa Maria ad Nives. The interior has a single nave, richly decorated with stucco and gilding.