Religious building

Chiesa di Sant'Agostino

Piazzetta Cardinale Pignedoli, Reggio nell'Emilia, (Reggio Emilia)

In ancient times the Church was dedicated to St. Apollinare, changed its name in 1268 when it was rebuilt, along with the convent, by Augustinian hermits. After several events, the church underwent another renovation in 1452, when Romanesque apse and the tower were raised. The facade, in Baroque style, is entirely cooked, dates back to 1746 on the design of the architect Alfonso Torreggiani and has two niches with inside the statues of San Guglielmo and San Nicola da Tolentino. The interior, consisting of a single nave with barrel vaults and sailboats, was completely redone between 1645 and 1666 on the design of the architect Gaspare Vigarani.

Potrebbero interessarti