Palazzo del Comune
Located in Piazza Prampolini, near the Duomo, it is home to the Town Hall of the city. It hosts the Sala del Tricolore where, on January 7, 1797, the Italy's flag was born. Adjacent to this room is the Tricolor Museum. It was built from 1414 to 1417; in 1583 Prospero Pacchioni designed and completed its complete restoration. The facade was constructed in 1774 by Ludovico Bolognini and is characterized by the presence of a large three arcade porch. Inside, some lounges are decorated with frescoes dating from the 18th century and are enriched with 19th-century paintings.