Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo
The building, which rises in the center of the city and takes its name from this office, was born as a place of culture and hospitality. The Palace has long been home to Massaro Ducale and for a few years, in the first half of the 16th century, also the Zecca. In 1461, the palace was partially restored to accommodate Duchess Bianca Maria Visconti Sforza. Other restoration work is performed when it becomes the residence of Marquis of Sigismondo d'Este. The building undergoes numerous interventions: plastering and paintings erase the internal and external traces of the early construction, but in 1928 the owner, Eugenio Terracchini, decides a global restoration of the building. The project envisages completion in neo-Renaissance facade, including the eclectic tower, which would become the tallest in historic center. The interior restoration ends in 1934 with the recovery of the main salon on the second floor, the heart of ancient building and political life of Reggio.