Basilica Santuario della Madonna della Ghiara
This church was built thanks to the offerings of the faithful following a miracle tied to an image of Virgin that stood in the area. The building has a Greek cross plant. The facade, Doric in the lower part and Ionic in the upper, is clay, with white Verona marble inserts in bases and capitals. On the central door is carved marble a bas-relief with Virgin of Ghiara, by Salvatore da Verona. The interior, in the style of the late Renaissance, strikes for the richness of gildings, marbles and sumptuous frescoes by Carracci school. Grandiose dome, raised by Francesco Pacchioni on the design by Cosimo Paglioni, was covered with frescoes by Lionello Spada. In the sacristy an ingenious clock by P. Cherubino Ranzani (1580-1676) indicates the days and phases of the moon and the zodiac. Attiguous is the Treasure Museum, rich repertoire of reggian goldsmiths of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.