The Museum was inaugurated in 2004 in the premises adjacent to the historic room where January 7, 1797 was born in Reggio Emilia, the flag. Elective place of civic history of Reggio Emilia, the characteristic elliptical morphology with boxes, it was built between 1754 and 1774 by architect L. Bolognini for the municipal archives, then transferred to the Palace of St. George. The Museum documents, by historiographical criteria, innovative major incidents related to the history of the national flag in relation with the evolution of the history of the Italian Risorgimento. The law puts in close relation to the history of the flag in the course of events that led from the first motions unity of the country and the contribution made by Reggiani in the battles for the national redemption. The exhibition structure of the first section of the Museum illustrates - through prints, paintings, weapons, relics and drawings but also reconstructions environment - the story of the political events of Reggio Emilia since the birth in 1796 of the Reggiana Republic in 1814, with the beginning of the Restoration. In the second section are exposed original documents and memorabilia related to the historical events of the national Risorgimento, until at least 1897, the year of the great celebrations of the first centenary of the Reggio Emilia Tricolore that had their peak in the famous speech of Carducci. Historical documents are complemented with modern audiovisual tools that facilitate the reading of the itinerary exhibition and the meaning of the flag as a symbol of excellence of national identity.