Dates back more than thirty years ago for the purpose of Achille Maramotti to set up a collection of contemporary art which then became a place of exemplary aesthetic and intellectual, open to an audience of connoisseurs and lovers. The collection was essentially represent, in its intentions, as a mirror of the movement of the most advanced artistic ideas of their time. Until 2000, a number of works purchased were exposed for long periods in space passing the Max Mara factory in Via Fratelli Cervi in Reggio Emilia: the intention was to promote a daily, stimulating exchange between artistic creativity and industrial design. It's therefore not a coincidence that this building, once dedicated to creating "collections" of fashion, is now become the permanent home of a collection of contemporary art. The continued exploration of languages, differently expressive and constantly evolving fashion and art, was the central passion of Achille Maramotti. The collection includes several hundred works of art from 1945 to the present, of which over two hundred permanent display, representing in depth some of the major Italian and international artistic trends of the last fifty years. It basically consists of paintings, but there are also sculptures and installations. The artists are presented with significant works of their initial raid on the art scene, that is when their work introduced elements of substantial innovation in contemporary research. The works of the twenty-first century, which for the most part have not been included in the permanent, are dedicated to thematic exhibitions in the spaces of the ground floor. The Collection is therefore itself a "work in progress", as intended in the future continue to welcome and witness the new paths that the art of today is expressing in its evolution.