The Cathedral of Reggio Emilia is a Romanesque building, subject to numerous reconstructions and modifications over the centuries. Current facade is unfinished, with a sixteenth-century coating designed by Prospero Sogari, called Il Clemente, on the first level; while the top of the facade, Romanesque, is probably the result of Malaguzzi's restoration (1275). The 13th century frescoes that adorned original facade are now preserved in Diocesan Museum. On the main portal are two statues of Michelangelo's inspiration depicting Adam and Eve. The interior is a Latin cross, with three aisles with arches on the sixth floor on pillars. At the center stands the large dome, while two smaller domes adorn apsidal chapels. Renovated from the year 1599 by architect Cosimo Pugliani, the interior is a synthesis of Reggio's sculpture from the 15th and 16th centuries: among the most important sculptors, Bartolomeo Spani and Prospero Sogari.