c
Castello

Castello Brown

Via alla Penisola, 13, Portofino, (Genova) Tempo di lettura: meno di 1 minuto

The first official news on today's structure dates back to 1425, when Tomaso Fregoso, doge of Republic, occupied the village of Portofino and its fortress. The castle, situated in a strategic position, with a wide view of the village and Tigullino gulf, was repeatedly the object of continuous attempts at occupation and sieges. Finally became a military possession of Genoese Republic, in 1867 it was bought by the consul of United Kingdom, Sir Montague Yeats Brown, who carried out new expansion works entrusted to the architect Alfredo d'Andrade. Among the most significant changes, in addition to the raising of the towers, the transformation of the old parade ground in a hanging garden with characteristic maritime pines.

Potrebbero interessarti