The Shrine has been erected with the spontaneous offerings of the faithful from all over the world, starting in 1876 with the collection "a penny for month". The building has a Latin cross, originally with a single nave, apse, dome, four side chapels and two chapels in the cruise. On both sides there were two other chapels with separate entrances, but communicating with the central one. In 1902 the Ciccodicola family from Arpino donated to the Shrine two precious relics: a plug soaked with the Chirst's blood and a piece of Cross's wood. The adjacent rooms housing numerous votive offerings of the faithful. In 1925 it was completed the construction of the bell tower, 88 meters high.