PIAZZA OLIVIERI, 5, Pesaro, (Pesaro e Urbino)
The Tempietto Rossiniano is located in the seventeenth century Olivieri Palace, purchased by the Rossini Foundation with funds from the inheritance that Giachino Rossini left to the city of Pesaro – named his universal heir. The frescoes in the palace were painted by Gian Andrea Lazzarini (1710-1801, Pesaro) and his students. The room antecedent to the Tempietto Rossiniano (the Marble Room) portrays the birth and historical events of the community of Pesaro. Particularly curious is that the marble effect was actually produced with a technique that uses plaster mixed with colour.