The current building has ancient origins. The presence of two floors decorated with mosaics, one above the other, showing the existence of two early Christian churches: the first dating from the fourth century, the second to the second half of the sixth century. It became Cathedral in the seventh century, when they were transferred the relics of the patron of Pesaro, St. Terenzio, then enriched by the Malatesta and Sforza families. It was completely rebuilt in Baroque style and, later, in the late nineteenth century and early twentieth centuries, the interior was reshaped in Neoclassical style by Giovanni Battista Carducci and Luigi Galli, assuming the current appearance. The facade dates back to 1282-1312, with exposed brick and preserves the typical features of the Romanesque style. The interior has a Latin cross with three naves divided by pillars, is Neoclassical. In the right aisle you can admire the St. Terenzio's Chapel, which houses the relics of the Saint and a fourteenth-century fresco of the "Madonna of the People"; while, in the left nave, the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, with marble remains of the ancient baptistry. On the front door there is a painting by Marco Benefial (eighteenth century) depicting Mary.