The original St. Dominic's Churh dates back to 1304. The original building ruined in 1614. The interior was renovated in a particular form with a nave with no windows and the arches that support directly a barrel vault. From the original building remain a beautiful cloister (1455-1579) and the choir, with a large glass window dating from the fifteenth century. The bell tower was built between 1464 and 1500 by Gasperino Antonio, it was 126 meters high, then was reduced to the current height of 60 meters for reasons of stability. Masterpiece of sculpture of the fourteenth century, is the tomb of Pope Benedict XI. Adjacent to the Church is the cloister and the former St. Dominic's Convent, now houses the National Archaeological Museum and the State Archives of Perugia. From St. Nicholas's chapel comes the Perugia Altarpiece by Beato Angelico, now at the Umbria National Gallery.