Luogo - Historical building

Rocca Paolina

Where Piazza Italia, 14, Perugia

Built between 1540 and 1543 by Pope Paul III, it was, until 1860, the symbol of papal power on the ancient city. Partially destroyed in 1848 and rebuilt in 1860 by Pope Pius IX, the fortress was finally demolished in the decades following the annexation to the Kingdom of Italy, offering space for the construction of many nineteenth century buildings and accommodations. From ancient Rock (with three parts: Papal Palace, the "Runner" and "Tenaglia") remain only the basement of the Papal Palace. The Rock is famous for one of the most famous Carducci's poems, "Love Song".

Rocca Paolina c
Risparmia sul tuo hotel -

Potrebbero interessarti