Contrada S. Lorenzo, 1; Piazza Mons. Dughera, Mortara, (Pavia) Tempo di lettura: meno di 1 minuto
The Museum of the Collegiate Church of S. Lorenzo and S. Dionigi was founded in November 2004 and its museum space comprises the church of S. Lorenzo (XIV century - Lombard gothic art). In the next future this space should be extended including the adjoining deconsecrated church of S. Dionigi (XII - XVIII century). The visit to the museum allows to see approximately 40 works, both fixtures of the church itself and coming from the other churches of the town, which were suppressed or destroyed. The works, dated between XIV and XVIII centuries, stay or on the ten altars or in the bays; among them there are some real masterpieces:- Polyptych of S. Giuseppe. Lombard artist of XIV-XV cent. Majestic ligneous carved carpentry, gilt and polychromatic, with more ore less 80 figures, at bass-relief, high relief and full relief.- Christ on the Cross and Saints. G.B. Crespi, known as Il Cerano. Work signed and dated 1610.