Chiesa di Santa Maria del Soccorso - Palazzo degli Studi
Current Palace of Studies (1610-1630) was ancient Convent of Jesuits. College was attached to SS. Jesus and Mary's Church, now called Santa Maria del Soccorso, whose Baroque outline was rebuilt in 1714 and designed by Rosario Gagliardi. Whole building was built by the will of Countess Vittoria Colonna de Cabrera, who became promoter of the coming of Jesuits in Modica. Since 1878, complex houses High School named after scientist and philosopher Tommaso Campailla.