Destinazioni - Comune


Where Leverano (Lecce)
Leverano is a town and comune in the Italian province of Lecce in the southeastern part of the Apulia region of south-east Italy. In 2001 its population was 13,981. Bounding communes Arnesano Carmiano Copertino Nardò Veglie Population history History Leverano was severely destroyed by the Ostrogoth Totila, it was also destroyed by the Arabs in the 9th century. A tower was later built in 1220 and it protected against pirate raids. The tower is built with Norman architecture. Leverano DOC The area around Leverano produces both red, white and rose Italian DOC wine, though the region produces vastly more red wine than anything else. The grapes are limited to a harvest yield of 15 tonnes/ha. Red wines must have a finished alcohol level of at least 12% and are composed of at least 65% Negroamaro and up to 35% of the assorted blend of Malvasia, Sangiovese and Montepulciano. White wines must have a minimum alcohol level of at least 11% and be composed of at least 65% Malvasia bianca with Trebbiano and Bombino bianco allowed to make up the remaining 35%. Twinning Sfakiotes, Greece References External links Official site
Risparmia sul tuo hotel -

We are sorry but we are no able to show nothing of beautiful.

If you want to suggest a place to visit, an event, or if you want to tell us a story about Leverano, write an email

[email protected]