Sanctuary of St. Mary of Column Cape is located near archaeological area, on Lacinio promontory, in Crotone. Church housed an icon particularly venerated, today transferred in Cathedral of Crotone: probably of Byzantine origin (X-XI century), depicting St. Luke and was donated by St. Dionysius the Areopagite. The building is next to the temple dedicated to Hera Lacinia, of which today remains a single Doric column. Today structure was built by Basilian monks of Salice Salentino between the eleventh and thirteenth centuries. After many changes, in the eighteenth century Church was transformed into a hermitage and in 1897 acquired its present appearance, on design by Anselmo Berlingeri.