Religious building

Chiesa ed Ex Convento di Santa Chiara

Via G. Pelusio, 40, Crotone

Built in the sixteenth century and restored in the late eighteenth century, has a facade decorated with incised decorations. The interior, decorated with precious Baroque stucco, has Neapolitan majolica flooring. The Church preserves several paintings of eighteenth century, two of which by painter Vitaliano Alfi, a wooden pipe organ built in 1753 by Neapolitan Tommaso De Martino, wooden matronei used by nuns, an interesting choir and numerous sacred furnishings, characteristic of Neapolitan goldsmith of the eighteenth century. Church was attached to a Convent of which are still visible the bell tower, the cells, terracotta floor and the porch of the cloister in sandstone, as well as a cistern of 1616.

Potrebbero interessarti