Historical building

Palazzo Barracco

Via Risorgimento, 27, Crotone

Erected where in the past there was the house of Giovan Battista Nola Molise, author of a "Chronic" of city of Crotone, it was for many years property of Farina barons who, according to some sources, in 1799 hosted Cardinal Ruffo during shipment to Sanfedista Bourbon restoration and later Ferdinand IV of Bourbon. At the beginning of 1800 the residence passed to Barraco barons. Built according to new anti-seismic techniques, it is an elegant and massive closed courtyard building with an internal double staircase and balcony, vaulted ceilings, which preserves itself in the court of stucco decorations and the floor of Etna basalt slabs.

Potrebbero interessarti