Located near the lake, Cathedral is one of the most remarkable monuments of northern Italy: long 87 meters and 75 to the height of the dome, was designed by Filippo Juvarra and has a Latin cross with three naves and transept surmounted by an imposing dome. Inside it is kept of the sixteenth century and seventeenth century tapestries, made in Ferrara, Florence and Antwerp, as well as sixteenth-century paintings by Bernardino Luini and Gaudenzio Ferrari. Gothic facade, built between 1447 and 1498, is aligned to Broletto and Civic Tower. The interior is decorated with paintings among which Saints Sebastian and Christopher, Adoration of Shepherds by Bernardino Luini, surmounted by two prophets, and Marriage of Virgin of Gaudenzio Ferrari. Still Luini, on the right side of the transept, Pala Raimondi (or Sacred Conversation or Altarpiece of St. Jerome) commissioned by Cardinal Scaramuccia Trivulzio. The apse is entirely occupied by the presbytery with marble furnishings from the old Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore. At the center is Baroque high altar by 1728 marble, onyx and bronze; around it, valuable wooden stalls of Choir.