Cattedrale di San Giovanni Battista (Duomo di Cesena)
Duomo was not always located in the present position, before Malatestiana was placed inside Citadel, only in 1385 began the reconstruction of Roman-Gothic style, which underwent several transformations, returning to its original forms with the last restoration of the 20th century. The exterior strikes for typically Romanesque sobriety, in brick. The top, designed by Mario Codussi, features a triangular pediment and two semicircular timpani. To the left we find a bronze statue of St. John the Baptist, by the sculptor Leonardo Lucchi (80s). The stomped stone portal, to the full, gives majesty and grace to the facade; bronze door (2000) is the work of sculptor Ilario Fioravanti and illustrates St. John the Baptist' virtues. The Tower trusses for the central and cruise ceiling for the sides. In the apse there are two large paintings by Giuseppe Milani painted in 1782 in honor of Pope Pius VI: Birth and Martyrdom of St. John the Baptist; the stained glass windows by Nicola Sebastio (1981) perform Magnificat, Baptism of Christ and Martyrdom of St. John the Baptist. The Crypt contains the remains of Saint Mauro, bishop and patron of the city. Chapel of the Madonna del Popolo houses the frescoes by Corrado Giaquinto, dating back to 1750.