Immaculate Conception's Basilica is the place of worship dearest to Catanzaro. Built in 1254 in the heart of the city, Church has suffered since 1750 an extensive renovation and expansion: two aisles were added to the main one and a dome, characterized by octagonal shape outside and cylindrica inside. The bell tower was rebuilt in the twentieth century. The interior has a Latin cross with several chapels, each of which belonged to noble families of the city that have adorned with altars in polychrome marble and stucco. Among the works of art, a wooden statue of St. Rocco by Neapolitan manufacture; eighteenth-century wooden statues of St. Joseph, Addolorata, St. Michael and St. Alphonsus from suppressed St. Catherine's Church.