The name of the building comes from the "sessions" during which the Spanish viceroys listened to the complaints and petitions of inmates in prisons located adjacent at the tower of St. Pancras . Composed by two-floor resting on a high base, the center of which opens the door called St. Pancras or the Mint, it is a gateway between the two adjoining squares, Independence and Arsenal. The original has only one floor, dating from the late sixteenth and early seventeenth century, while other important interventions aimed at raising were completed in 1825, as remembered by an inscription on the door. At the end of the nineteenth century, with the shift of the prison in the new complex of Merry Way, the buildings adjacent to the Tower of St. Pancras were abandoned or put to other uses. From the early twentieth century until the mid-80s housed the collection of the National Gallery of Cagliari. It currently houses the offices of the Superintendent of Cultural Heritage for the provinces of Cagliari and Oristano. The palace can be visited on request.