Torre del Leone o dell'Aquila
The Eagle Tower (or Lion Toweer) is one of the towers built by Pisan during the fourteenth century in the current Castle District, in Cagliari. The Tower was designed by the architect Giovanni Capula. The name is due to a rapacious sculpture carved into the big door that served as entrance to the Castle. In 1708 the Tower was severely damaged by British, Spanish and French bombing, losing its top. The ruins were partially adapted and incorporated in the nineteenth-century Boyl Palace.