The villa is situated at the foot of the hill of St. Michael and owes its name to Count Gaetano Pollini, rich grain merchant transplanted to Sardinia, but coming from Genoa, who had built it in 1812. The building is part of a small urban center comprising a chapel, dedicated to the Immaculate, now destroyed, and the local for the farmers and staff. The facade, in neoclassical style, has a horizontal developing, with a tripartite division highlighted by two side timpanati and a central curvilinear one, which has a beautiful portal flanked by columns and surmounted by a balcony. In front, there is a large Italian garden, in which survived some palm trees and a circular fountain basin, while at the back, there is a large courtyard dedicated to agricultural activities. The number of owners who, after Pollini, inhabited the villa, including Francesco Zedda Piras who, in honor of his wife, called the building "Villa Doloretta" and changed the interior layout of the original. Acquired by the Ministry of Heritage and Culture, after the restoration, becomes, in 2007, headquarters of the Superintendence for Archaeological Heritage of the provinces of Cagliari and Oristano.