Historical building

Villa dei Papi

Via Perlingieri Giovanni, 1, Benevento

Villa dei Papi stands on the ruins of the Convent of St. Mary of Peace, which collapsed in the earthquake of 1688. It was built from 1696 by Archbishop Vincenzo Maria Orsini (Pope Benedict XIII), which used it as a summer residence. Passed property several times, in 2001 the Villa was purchased jointly by the City and the Province of Benevento, restructuring with the secular grove that surrounds it. The building hosts conferences and is home of the Mediterranean Agency for Remote Sensing and Environmental Control (MARSec).

 
 

Potrebbero interessarti