Historical building

Palazzo del Governo

Corso Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1, Benevento

The Government House is the seat of the Prefecture and the Arcos Museum. Its construction began in 1895, designed by architect Pietro Paolo Quaglia, then work resumed in 1901, under Nicola Breglia, to arrive at the opening only in 1911. During the Fascist period, the building housed the offices of Government and since 2003 is State property. The neo-Renaissance facade was enhanced by a central colonnade projection and a large double staircase, leading to the vestibule of the first floor.

c

Potrebbero interessarti