Castello e Borgo Medievale
Avigliana historic center is among the most significant of Piedmont, with a rich Medieval architectural heritage, both civil and religious. The Castle was built in 942 by Glabrione Arduino, Marquis of Turin. Given its position of Savoy outpost in the Susa Valley on Turin, over the centuries it was enlarged, equipped with crenellated walls and drawbridges, to become a solid fortress. It was destroyed by the French troops of Marshal Catinat in 1691, since then it remains a portion of land and a circular walkway guard. The remains are within walking distance from Conte Rosso Square.