PIAZZA DUCHI D'ACQUAVIVA, SNC, Atri, (Teramo)
The residence of the Acquaviva family was erected in 1382 by order of the duke Antonio, to whom King Charles III of Durazzo allowed to build on the ruins of a Roman bathing-establishment. The palace overlooks the square situated at the end of the road that starts from the Cathedral. The façade is divided in two parts, which mark the partition of the building in two phases. The main front, in Istrian stone, is divided by rectangular framed windows. Approximately the brick parts of the façade, like the portal, and the bell-tower can be dated back to the adjustments carried out in 1707, due to the damages cause by the Austrians. The portal opens on to a square yard surrounded by wide ogival arcades supported by pillars. Inside there is a well, oddly placed on a corner. In the interior of the church, which has obviously been modified in the course of the centuries, there are paintings by the Neapolitan artist Farelli and by Simone Salario from Atri.