Roseto degli Abruzzi
The low town is a well-known and popular seaside destination, whose coastline, also known as "Lido delle Rose", has been part of the Blue Flag since 1999. The original Medieval nucleus of Roseto is ancient village of Montepagano, on the hill overlooking the coast, famous rose cultivation area, from which it derives its name "Rosburgo" (City of Roses). Montepagano Castle is one of the most important monuments in the city, still preserving works of art. Among the other monuments of the village, Porta da Borea, with Gothic arch to the owl, a testimony to impressive Medieval walls, and several churches, among which the most important is that of Most Holy Annunziata, completed in 1602, with St. Antimo's Tower, a symbol of the country.