Museo del Tesoro della Basilica di San Francesco
The Museum of the Treasure of the Basilica of St. Francis is a collection of religious art exhibited in two rooms of the North Building of the Sacred Convent of Assisi. It dates back to 1930, with the aim of enhancing what ancient heritage had survived the ravages of time and the Napoleonic plunder. In 1756 the hall above the old dormitory underwent heavy renovations that day earned it the name of "Gothic Room", in which is placed the Treasur itself, while in the adjoining one, the so-called "Red Room", has exposed the FM Perkins Collection. The current layout dates back to 2000, when the Museum was reopened after the earthquake damage of 1997. The collection consists mostly of minor works of art, although there are paintings and sculptures. Jewelry is predominant: reliquaries of various shapes, backgrounds and styles, including that of St. Andrew (XIII century) and that of St. Ursula (XIV century). Among the vessels of the altar stand chalices from various periods, including the most famous is surely to gilded silver adorned with enamels by Guccio della Mannaia. Among the tissues deserves special mention the beautiful altar frontal of Florentine manufacture design attributed to Antonio del Pollaiolo. The 56 paintings of FM Perkins Collection include works from the fourteenth to the sixteenth century.