Chiesa di Santa Maria della Consolazione
The Church is an example of Angevin architecture. It was built around 1336 by the will of Filippo Sangineto, first Earl of Altomonte, on a previous Norman building dedicated to St. Mary of Franchis (1050). The Church has a Latin cross with a single nave, two side chapels, a straight apse and a large transept covered by vaults and roof trusses. The facade is characterized by a radially rosette, a large portal with vegetable pattern and a bell tower with mullioned window. The interior contains the funerary monument of the Sangineto family (XIV century), the pavement tomb of Cobella Ruffo (XV century), the tomb of an unknown knight (XIV century), a fresco by Giotto school (XIV century) and the wooden choir sculpted and carved (1580).
Every day from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm