Edificio di culto

Convento dei Frati Domenicani

Via Balbia, 40, Altomonte, (Cosenza) Tempo di lettura: meno di 1 minuto

The Convent of the Dominican Friars was built in the fifteenth century by Cobella Ruffo, wife of Ruggiero Sanseverino, Countess of Altomonte in 1402. The Monastery goes to the Dominican Fathers in 1444, together with the Church of Our Lady of Consolation. The Convent, enlarged over the centuries, it was mainly the center of theological and scientific studies. Among the many people who were guests, the novelist Matteo Bandello and Tommaso Campanella, who wrote, around 1589, the "Philosophia sensibus demonstrata". The renovated building is now owned by the City, and since 1980, the Civic Museum which houses the Public Library, the Historical Library, the Municipal Gallery of Modern Art and the dining-conference "Razetti Room".

Info:

Every day (including holidays) from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.

Potrebbero interessarti