The building is at the center of a medieval village dating from the twelfth century. The building, has an irregular plant, articulated around a central courtyard. Inhabited by various feudal lords of Altomonte that succeeded over the centuries (Guasto, Pallotta, Sangineto, Sanseverino and Ruffo), the ancient manor had the title of castrum in 1342 by Clement VI. Feature is the facade with panoramic loggia towards the valley in the direction of the Pollino massif and Italo-Albanian countries. Fine the surviving parts of the exposed trusses painted with mythological scenes, dating back to the late sixteenth century. Today it houses a hotel.