Chiesa di San Bernardino (Mausoleo dei Duchi)
Situated on a hill outside the town, the Church offers a beautiful view of the city of Urbino. It was built by Federico da Montefeltro after his death, as a place for his burial and that of his successors. The design and subsequent construction work are awarded by ducal architect Francesco di Giorgio Martini. The exterior, in brick, is compact and undecorated except the cornices, the windows and the framing of the portal. The bell tower is trunk, due to the collapse in the earthquake of 1741. The interior has a Latin cross and a single nave covered with a barrel vault. The dome is straight, as well as from the walls, by four composite columns with smooth shaft. The walls are bare and simply decorated. The nave is lit by three rectangular windows, with frames and triangular pediment stone, and houses, facing each other, the cenotaphs of the Dukes Federico and Guidobaldo da Montefeltro: two monuments with Baroque marble busts attributed to Girolamo Campagna. The right niche is decorated with frescoes of 1642. In the choir is a nineteenth-century canvas depicting the "Madonna with Child and Saints", by Filippo Bigioli. Until 1810 this position was occupied by the Pala di Brera, by Piero della Francesca.