Piazza della Repubblica
The current trapezoidal Square was born in the nineteenth century, with the expansion due to the realization of the New Palace of the Albans and the opening of Corso Garibaldi. The center of the Square is dominated by a fountain designed by Diomede Catalucci in 1908, removed in 1927, and reintroduced in the 90s. Before enlargement, the Square was identified as Market Plain, as the seat of the city market until the eighteenth century. Meeting point for the population, on the Square converge all the main streets from the city Gates, and thus contribute to making the real center of the city.