Ex Monastero di Santa Chiara
One of the main monuments and the finest examples of Renaissance architecture. It currently houses the Higher Institute for Artistic Industries of Urbino. A first structure was built around 1420; in 1456 it received the Rule of St. Clare through the intercession of the Duke Federico III da Montefeltro. Subsequently the Della Rovere family had intervened on the convent church, between the sixteenth and seventeenth century, enriching both decoratively inside and exterior. From 1538, it became Ducal Mausoleum until 1864, when the building was confiscated by the city and allocated to Institute of female education. We will have to wait until 2011 for full recovery.