Convento di Montesanto
Known in ancient times as "Monte Mascarano" (meaning "Mount of Spirits"), it is assumed to be a sacred place to Etruschi, as shown by the archaeological remains found in the walls of the Convent: thirty large scrap column and, in 1835, the famous statue of Mars, already patron of Tutere, the ancient name of the city. For the presence of the nuns, the hill changed its name to "Montesanto". In 1367, Albornoz besieged Todi and did expel religious, turning the Convent into a Fort. It can still be seen at right angles to the quadrilateral floor, covered with a barrel vault with Romanesque windows, a grand staircase leading to the upper floor and mullioned windows in travertine. The Church was consecrated in 1633. In the first chapel to the right you can see a large fresco of the sixteenth century, in addition to crib commissioned by the Gentiloni family. Interestingly, large capital upon which the altar, coming from the surroundings of Todi. The baptismal font was originally cineraria found near the Convent. At the top of the stairs of the presbytery, in 1956, it was found a significant fresco depicting the Blessed Bernardino of Feltre. On the left, the "Chapel of the Crucifixion", built in 1612 by the lords Vici. On the altar there are wooden sculptures of the sixteenth century. The last chapel on the left, known as the "XXIV Station of the Cross", dates from the late sixteenth century, while the thirteen chapels outside of the "Via Crucis" were built in 1721.